Long term unemployed with Cobra running out.

Long Island City, NY |

I have been unemployed over 1 year, my cobra benefits are about to expire. I do not qualify for programs because I have not worked in 1 year, yet since I have some assets and savings I also don't qualify for others.
I am able to afford what I was paying Cobra but I cannot get my insurance company to accept me without proof of income.
I have done some consulting work, but that $ went to pay for Cobra.
I am in good health, but I do take medications for asthma and I see a therapist to help me deal with my situation, which has caused depression and anxiety.
Do I have any options?

Have the consulting company put you on payroll or find another job with benefits or spend down all your savings until you qualify for government assistance, depending on your consulting income level.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.