Long Term Disability wants me to pay back the Social Security that my children are getting. Can they do that?

what if I just say no, I will not give you any of the childrens SS backpay money. What can the LTD company do....?

Kill Devil Hills, NC -

David S. Henson

David S. Henson

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Rocky Mount, NC

Your situation really needs some more facts in order to give a more clear answer. The complete answer is that it really depends on the terms and conditions of the long term disability insurance policy. As such, to really get started, I would suggest that you get a copy of the policy and read over it to see exactly what it says. If you are the only "insured" on the policy, and it is your children that are getting the benefits, then I would think there is a good chance that they do not have a right to this repayment. If, on the other hand, there are multiple insurers on the policy, and the definition of 'insureds' includes your children, then it is possible that they could have a right to repayment or offset. Unfortunately, offsets are a typical thing in the majority of LTD policies, but it really depends on the terms of the specific policy

Sponsored Listing