LLC partnership formed with only one members name. Now what in hostile situation?

New York, NY |

Our business is now fully operational. We have yet to file an operational agreement and my partner is telling me I can not step foot on the property because I am not on the llc. I have contributed significantly to this business. What can I do to put a stop to this until there is an agreement made?

There are no partners in an LLC

An LLC needs an operations agreement

Are you a member or not?

When the LLC was formed. My partner never made me a member. This was my business prior and I relied on him to do the paper work while I constructed the establishment. Now everything has been completed he pulled the f* off card. I need to know what I can do to stop him from excluding me and making decisions. He just changed all our passwords. passwords An

Consult with your own lawyer, bring in all paperwork and proof of any contributions that you made.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Retain an attorney and sue for your financial contributions.

You need to gather all the information and documentation you have in relation to this business and consult with an attorney. There are numerous possibilties as to what could be going on and you need to figure it out and address the issues now before the business goes any further. Feel free to contact my office for a free consultation.

All comments and/or opinions are for general information, and do not create an attorney-client relationship. In order to obtain a comprehensive and accurate legal opinion you should consult an attorney with the specific and detailed facts or your case/question.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business