Living trust after a person dies.

Berkeley, CA |

Is there a time limit on the living trust after the grantor dies. Grantor dies in 2008.

just want to know if theres a time limit on obtaining a copy of the living trust . im one of the beneficiaries thats is mentioned in the living trust.

You should have a received a notice within 60 days of the date of death of the grantor (Probate Code Section 16061.7(f). You can also request the trust and information about you beneficiary interest under Probate Code Section 16061.

It depends on what you are specifically referring to. If you are trying to determine the time-line for what action should be taken under the trust, you need to review the trust document itself. You can use the Avvo find a lawyer tool to locate a trust attorney near you for assistance.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold www.EGoldLaw.com Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

If you are one of the beneficiaries you should have received a notice from the trustee within 60 days of the date of the grantor's death that informs you that you can obtain a copy of the trust. It would be a good idea to find an estate attorney to help you with making sure you aren't being taken advantage of.

Circular 230 Disclaimer: To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Attorney-Client Relationship Disclaimer: This email does not create an attorney-client relationship between sender and any receiver.

Wills and estates topics