List of grounds of annulment in Florida?

Hialeah, FL |
Filed under: Annulment of marriage

i want to know if a mother and a son can get marry? and also i want to know about the grounds of annulment here in Florida?

There is no annulment statute in Florida. In Florida there are void marriages , and voidable marriages. Void marriages is when one party can not legal marry the other ( such and when someone is already married), voidable marriage can be annulled usually because of some fraud ( lied about who he or she was, married just to get citizenship).

The answering of this question is just friendly advise, and in no way legal advise. For legal advise you should contact an attorney with detailed information about your situation, so he or she can better assist you.

Though Mr. Weiss is correct that there is no statute for annulment in Florida, you can still file for annulment under what's called the "common law." That means that, if a lawsuit existed in England in 1776, it exists in Florida today unless the legislature says it doesn't. Void marriages are illegal. They are a "nullity," and they don't exist as a marriage. It isn't necessary to file for an annulment of a void (null) marriage, but for a number of reason, it's a good idea. A marriage between a mother and son is an illegal and null marriage in Florida, and that marriage never existed. An annulment could be filed in such a marriage. I doubt that such a marriage could happen, though, because I don't think the clerk's office would ever issue a license for a mother and son.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!