Skip to main content

List of documents f2a

Annandale, VA |

Can someone tell me all the documents that normally a f2a category will have to submit, till the date of the interview please?

considering the person is not in the US.

Can you give me the names for all the documents for f2a please

(for example, i know the process starts with I-130, Can you give me the name/list of all documents f2a will have to submit till the interview date)

Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


For that, you typically retain an attorney. But if you want to do this yourself, a good source of information is and the department of state as they give the list of documents for the consular processing (after the I-130 approval).

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


You should contact an attorney. This is not a do-it-yourself website, nor is your situation a do-it-yourself situation.

This answer is only for general information purposes. It does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The answer I gave is based only on the facts that you have presented in your question and might change if the facts are different.


If you want to file the application yourself, you should consult the USCIS website or purchase a handbook on immigration law. (Alternatively, you can spend the same money retaining an immigration lawyer to work on your case and not have to worry about making a mistake in your application that could affect you for the rest of your life. You would be stunned at some of the mistakes that can have serious consequences for foreign nationals). Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.


This is not a "do it yourself" site. The list of documents can vary in each individual situation. You need to sit down with an immigration attorney.

I would begin by checking the instructions to Form I-130. Specific instructions for do documentary proof needed for each relative category is listed there.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer