Liquidated Damages for H1B Sponsor Employer

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

An Employer said he can Sponsor me a H1B Visa and I have signed an Agreement saying that""If the employee terminates the Employment within 12 months of the Signed Agreement he needs to pay the Liquidate Damage of $20000.00USD". I told them not to file my H1B and they are saying that they have already filed. But the filing starts only on April1st2013. Now they are asking me this Money or saying they will file a case against me and get more than this.

Please advise

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . You should to consult with an attorney with a copy of the entire employment contract .

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

1

Answered . One needs to read the contract first to give advice on liquidated damages.