Likely punishment for a Class C felony conviction, in Missouri?

Springfield, MO |

1st time offender charged with Accessory Tampering with a motor vehicle - 1st degree
3 counts total - all the same charge.

1. max: up to 7 years and/or $5,000 fine

You need an attorney.

NEVER describe your facts in an online forum. I have CONFIRMED there is at least ONE county prosecutor that is a member of this site. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website http://mcmichael-logan.com

2. The above attorney is absolutely correct. You need an attorney. What the "likely" punishment is depends on the specific facts and charges, what judge you are in front of, what county you are in, what prosecutor is prosecuting the case and countless other factors. As the previous attorney mentioned, the max penalty for a class C felony is 7 years in prison and a $5,000 fine. I noticed that you have three counts. Each count would carry that penalty, making your maximum sentence 21 years in prison and a $15,000 fine. Most importantly, you need an experienced attorney to protect your rights and evaluate the evidence against you.

This answer represents this attorney's opinion regarding a general question. All cases and situations are very fact specific and require a thorough knowledge of all facts, circumstances, and evidence to give proper advice. The opinion expressed here is for general information purposes and is not meant to be taken as specific advice or as forming any attorney-client relationship. I highly recommend that you discuss your situation with an experienced attorney in this area to obtain specific advice on your situation.

3. I agree with the other attorneys. There are many factors that play in to what the likely punishment is. However, in Greene County on a first offense of this type, you are likely not looking at prison time. However, you need to hire a good lawyer in order to avoid that possible consequence. The judges and prosecutors are typically fair but there is a lot that goes into it. Best of luck!