Like to know what happens in a incident pertaining to one cutting off a driver ...the one cutting off was on cell phone...

Tarpon Springs, FL |

driver got out yelled at the woman and took cell phone and smashed it...what can happen and this is first offense

1. Depending on how you are charged there are tons of possibilities. I would suggest talking to you attorney regarding possible outcomes.

2. The facts as presented could potentially establish a case of Criminal Mischief against the driver who smashed the woman's cell phone.

3. Sounds like a "minor" case of road rage - but if this happened in Pinellas County, you could technically be charged with burglary or another serious criminal offense. This is definitely not a speeding ticket question, so I would suggest contacting a local criminal defense attorney to determine your next step.

Avvo.com answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at www.drivenlegal.com.

4. Not a speeding question. However, as stated by another attorney the person who reached into another car, grabbed a cell phone and smashed it could be charged with burglary. If the the "victim" was hit during the taking of the phone, the aggresor could be charged with Burglary with a Battery and other charges as well. These cases can quickly turn into felony cases and an attorney would be needed.