Skip to main content

Light post fell on my car?

Las Vegas, NV |

A one ton truck for Make a Wish foundation hit a cement light post that fell and crushed my car in a mall parking lot. What do I do????

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Call your insurance carrier and get the trucks insurance information also. The trucks insurance should repair or replace your car.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

  2. Make a claim against the Make a Wish Foundation's insurance company and also against the owner of the light post. If its a municipality you need to file a notice of claim within 90 days.

    If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -

  3. I agree with the other contributors, however yout most concise path would be through you're own collision coverage; if you have.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  4. You should report the accident to your own carrier. The driver should have provided you with insurance information, and should have reported the accident to his carrier. Ultimately, they will pay the expense. If you decide to have your own carrier handle it, it might move faster for you initially. They will reimburse you minus your deductible, and then go after the carrier for the Make a Wish foundation; once that is complete,you will get your deductible back.

    I will evaluate your case for free. I can also refer you to an attorney to help you if I cannot help you. Joyce J. Sweinberg, Esquire 215-752-3732 Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.

  5. I agree with my colleagues. Having read your comment about not being there when it happened, did the driver leave the scene? Fortunately it's in video and you need to make sure the video is preserved. You should be able to handle this on your own, but if you have any questions, feel free to call.

    If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333.

  6. Either put in a claim with Make a Wish and owner of light post or your own insurance.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  7. Collision insurance pays for damage to your car, not the other guy's, and it's optional. After all, you can sue someone you think is to blame for damages to your car. So why buy collision insurance, unless you have to (for instance, if you are financing a car)? For a number of reasons:

    You may be the world's most careful driver, but it is still possible that you will cause an accident or be held responsible for one. In that case you can't collect for damage to your car from the other driver. Collision coverage will pay for the damage, even if an accident is your fault.

    You may think an accident is the other driver's fault, but he may disagree, casting you both into lengthy legal proceedings. With collision coverage, your company can repair the car and take over your claim against the other driver (a procedure known as subrogation). Your company is ethically, but not legally, bound to fight for enough money to pay you back part or all of the deductible.

    You could get into an accident in which the other driver is clearly at fault but has no liability insurance. Suing could be pointless. As you will see later in this chapter, the auto policy's uninsured (or underinsured) motorist coverage does not necessarily pay for damage to your car in this situation. Collision does.

    Suppose you smash your car into a tree or a telephone pole. There's no one to sue. Collision will pay for the damage to your car.

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics