Lifting a Stay on Medical Negligence case

Sacramento, CA |

What specifically do I need to lift a stay? How is it breaching the doctor's 5th amendment right when no more discovery is needed?. It is going to arbitration. I am arguing on my right to due process as it will be five years to go to criminal court before my civil case can be heard due to the stay. I am also part of the criminal case. I am arguing that the delay would be a severe burden to myself, the publics' interest in getting this man convicted, Gov. Code sec. 68603 & 68607, no extra burden on the court, and I have cases listed in my Memorandum in support of motion to lift stay. I would appreciate specific answers as I obviously am not an attorney and it is imperative that I can represent myself in a concise, educated manner. Please educate me.....

You need to hire a lawyer. This is a very complicated area of law, and if you do have a case, there is a good chance you may damage or destroy the chances of a favorable outcome by trying to represent yourself. This is not an area of the law where self-represented plaintiffs generally do well.

Caveat: I am only licensed to practice law in California. This answer is intended as legal information rather than legal advice, and it should not be relied on in any particular set of circumstances. Because each situation is fact specific, it is impossible to accurately evaluate a legal problem and suggest a course of action without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents. The provision of this information does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Retain one of the lawyers in your state above to resolve this, as it would be tough to handle it yourself.

3. Hire an attorney in your area.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

4. Hire an attorney in your area.