Lie detections tests.

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

Dear Attorney's, The question I have is, I have heard that lie detector tests isn't admissible in the court of law. If that is true, then what is the purpose of it, and why have it at all ?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

3

Answered . Polygraph results are not admissible in court but may serve to narrow down the issues or zero in on suspects. They are also used outside the legal arena. For example, they might be used when someone applies for a position requiring high security clearance.

2. Chen Kasher

2

Answered . Remember: the state has the burden to investigate and build a case. If the lie detector machine indicates that the person becomes very nervous during a line of questioning, it is a good lead.

3. Daniel G. Galivan

1

Answered . It is not admissible because it is not considered sufficiently reliable from a scientific viewpoint. It is used as an investigative tool by the police. www.galivanlaw.net

4. Josh P Tolin

1

Answered . Intelligence services use them on their employees. Just because they are not admissible in court, doesn't mean they don't have a purpose.

One or more answers have been taken down.