License suspension

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dayton, OH

i got a dui in indiana and my license was suspended for 90 days and that suspension is up, i live in ohio, i was just informed that ohio was suspended my license for 6 months for the same crime. Can i be punished for the same crime twice in different states? does ohio have to listen to what the Indiana judge said what my suspension was?

1. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

4

Answered . In this situation yes. Ohio law is clear that you do not have a right to drive. Driving and licensure is a privilege and if you are charged with a crime such as DUI Ohio can put you under a BMV suspension . You can try and file for driving privileges in your local municipal court where you live. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    1626 Westbrook Drive
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
    (937)510-6110
    www.becklawofficellc.com

2. John Maurice Holcomb

3

Answered . Ohio can suspend your license, but my reading of the relevant statute, Revised Code section 4510.17(B), is that your Ohio suspension should end after six months or whenever your Indiana suspension ends, whichever is EARLIER.

3. John Naumovski

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with the above attorney's advice