Skip to main content

License suspended due to FTA in different state.

Denver, CO |

Received speeding ticket while vacationing in Douglas County, CO in April 2011. Driving with GA license. Paid ticket/plead guilty. Had confirmation of payment. Went to renew my GA license (April 2013) and found that it had been suspended due to FTA for said ticket in Colorado. How do I correct this?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Call the Douglas County Court Clerk's office and have them send DMV an amended transcript.

  2. Mr. Pirosko is correct. If after calling the court, they inform you that the case is not closed because you had a mandatory appearance or their records do not reflect payment, then you probably need to consider hiring someone in Colorado to resolve this issue for you.

    The Orr Law Firm, L.L.C - 303-818-2448 - Is Colorado's Premier DUI and Criminal Traffic Defense Law Firm. Rhidian Orr is the senior partner and owner of the firm and focuses his practice exclusively to DUI and criminal traffic matters in the state of Colorado. His decision to answer your questions does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. The Orr Law Firm offers FREE Consultations and we encourage that you contact his firm to discuss your case in more detail.

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics