License revocation for vehicular manslaughter in California.

Asked over 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

I know that all revocations last for at least one year, but how long does this one last? I was looking through the codes:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d06/vc13351.htm
(1) Manslaughter resulting from the operation of a motor vehicle, except when convicted under paragraph (2) of subdivision (c) of Section 192 of the Penal Code.

But when you look at:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/appndxa/penalc...
(2) Driving a vehicle in the commission of an unlawful act, not amounting to felony, but without gross negligence; or driving a vehicle in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death, in an unlawful manner, but without gross negligence.

What really threw me off was when it said "except" does that mean people convicted under that don't get three years of revocation?

well i called the drivers safety office and they told me that i can request a re-evaluation in six months, but i doubt anythings going to change from that. But what really confused me is that they told me that i could ask for a DMV hearing to attempt to get the revocation lifted "(b) The department shall not reinstate the privilege revoked under subdivision (a) until the expiration of three years after the date of revocation and until the person whose privilege was revoked gives proof of financial responsibility, as defined in Section 16430. " Can someone clear up my confusion? Thanks in advance.

1. Aaron Reuben Bortel

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . My experience with DMV on these type of cases is they want you to serve a one year suspension, then will consider returning the license after a hearing. You should have an experienced DUI Lawyer who does a lot of DMV hearings help you with this one.

2. Derek Michael Smith

1

Answered . How long the suspension is for depends on how exactly the crime was committed. There are a number of different ways to commit the crime of vehicular homicide. Some require a stricter license suspension than others.