License Plate

Houston, TX |

Can a police officer take down my license plate # and write a report without me knowing? And how can I find out if anything been reported

He will probably have determined (or at least that is what he will allege) there was a tip, suspicious activity, or that you were involved in criminal activity. Police officer's run the plates of individuals all the time. It is usually investigatory. If he is led to then believe you have a warrant or a crime has been committed you may later be arrested. So yes, a report can be generated.

The information provided is not advice but a legal perspective and you should schedule a consultation with the lawyer of your choice.

Is there a website where I can read reports on my plates?

JaPaula C Kemp

JaPaula C Kemp

If charged then your attorney will have access to the report. These reports are not accessible to you or the public when charges are pending.