License are suspended for unpaid parking tickets a relative had a car in my name. Can I get a restricted license while i pay?

Asked over 1 year ago - Melrose Park, IL

I can't afford the entire 6000 balance nor the 50% down payment for the payment plan. I want to pay 1 or 2 tickets a week until paid off. I really need help, i was unemployed for 2yrs and I currently have a 11 month old son, I need to drive to work and daycare without going to jail.

1. Ted Harvatin

Pro

2

Answered . No. The city must release the hold. Maybe a payment plan.

2. Barry Cahn Boykin

Answered . Have you considered other options to the 50% down payment, such as bankruptcy relief? Presumably the relative who caused the problem can't help you with the 50% payment.
    For income eligible persons there are legal aid organizations that might help with a bankruptcy filing.

http://www.ehow.com/list_7195484_places-low_inc...

3. Zev Goldstein

Pro

Answered . You could check with the court if they would allow this relative to come down and accept responsibility for the tickets.