Libel/ slander...is this legit?

Medina, OH |

I have a female friend in the middle of a messy divorce and child custody....a couple weeks ago my friend told me that her husband mentally, physically and sexually abused her during their 21 year marriage.
I was defending the divorce when someone else asked me about the circumstances ...citing the previous allegations of abuse. The husband got word that I made these statements and threatened to sue me for libel/slander .....my question is...does Ohio have divorce immunity against this and am I at risk?..what are the chances a court would hear this?

1. Truth is a complete defense. Without substantial damages, the chances of getting sued are slim.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com