LIB expiring AUG 2013 , I-94 expiring DEC 2013 .H1B Petition In progress

Asked over 1 year ago - Alpharetta, GA

LIB expiring AUG 2013 , I-94 expiring DEC 2013 .If my H1B Petition gets approved can I quit my L1B employer and wait in US till Oct 2013 to start working on H1B with new employer.Will my stay be considered as illegal because I left my L1B employer and staying in US without job

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

10

1

Answered . You must continue to maintain your status in the US.

2. Justin G. Randolph

2

Answered . No you must maintain your status until 10/1 assuming you're approved for the H1B.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

Answered . You are to maintain you stay in the U.S. If you are on L-1B and even if your H-1B is approved, you will continue to maintain your status by working for L-1B employer and join H-1B employer on October 1. If things don't work out with L-1B employer and you quit, timely seek change of status or leave the U.S.