Liability of school of dentistry, if treated when they were suppose to have been they could have been saved. can I make them pay

Asked about 3 years ago - Ann Arbor, MI

Hello
I have had several appointments with uofm school of dentistry. My problem being that latelast year 2010 and early 2011 I was seen by a student that unknown to me had skipped many classes to graduate early and in doing all this was suppose to have my mouth in disease free (no cavities) condition. I can explain in more detail but not here. She had a supervisor naturally and the sent me to prosodontic's down stairs where they were shocked to see all the problems that were supposedly "fixed". Anyway, I saw an associate dean and he is the one that told me of the students improper treatment. Now after 7-8 months of waiting for a new student and appointments i was told yesterday that two teeh had decayed too far to be saved without root canals or extractions.look up above,ran out of room

1. David Brian Snyder

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should consult with an attorney in your area to review your dental care. Base on what you have posted, it may have been a breach in the standard of care. However, only a dentist will be able to determine whether or not there was dental malpractice.

2. Chad David Engelhardt

Pro

Answered . I would be happy to speak to you about your rights in this situation, but certainly would need more information. Generally speaking, dental malpractice requires compliance with medical malpractice procedural rules. As well, there may be very strict time limits that apply to your potential case. Feel free to call my office for a free consultation. If I am not able to help you, j may be able to suggest other qualified attorneys.

Of course, this is not meant as legal advice nor does it establish any professional relationship.