Leveraging disability insurance to avoid working and paying less Child Support

Asked over 1 year ago - San Mateo, CA

My ex husband hasn't worked for over 2 years claiming he's on disability due to a shoulder injury and has papers from his disability lawyer proving it. I've asked for those papers, will I also be able to request comments/notes from his doctor or therapist, therapy schedules etc.? I've seen him carry things which doesn't seem like he has any shoulder injuries. Will pictures showing that his shoulder is fully healed be sufficient proof? Would this also be borderline insurance fraud?

My main question is how do i prove that he really is not disabled to the degree that he cannot work whatsoever.

1. Ruben Alonso Montoya

3

Answered . Disability attorneys do not issue medical opinions. If your ex-husband is in TD or PD (unsure based on facts provide) is due to a medical doctor stating such. In another note I do not understand how getting your X to be arrested and jailed is going to help you get child support.

2. George Ellis Corson IV

1

Answered . What is your ultimate goal? Ex-Husband in jail? Termination of his income? Massive repayment award in lieu of Alimony/Child Support? Full custody of the kids?

3. George Ellis Corson IV

1

4. John M Connell

Pro

2

Answered . I would be very careful where you are going with this. Your impression of what a person with a shoulder injury can and cannot do may not be correct. Carrying things is not a huge problem depending on where things are at in the treatment and you are substituting your judgement for that of the dr without knowing the medical side of the story completely. Falsely reporting fraud creates a lot of issues too.