Asked over 6 years ago - Salem, OR

im an american citizen married to illegal immagrant we have two children 2 years and 10 months i want to know how, and estimate it will cost to file for all the papers and attorney costs

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Philip Alan Eichorn

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . It depends on what you mean by "illegal immigrant." Was your spouse admitted on a visa and then overstayed his departure time or did your spouse cross the border without documentation? The answer to this question will dictate what avenues are open for you and your spouse. Consult with an immigration attorney who practices not only family based adjustment cases but also in deportation/removal.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now