Legal stay after extension denied. L1B and I-94 already expired

Asked 6 months ago - Naperville, IL

My L1B visa and I-94 date is expiring on 1st week of July 2014. My employer has filed an extension with a basic processing in 2nd week of May. As per the current trend, USCIS is taking 3-4 months to process an extension. My question is if my extension is denied, then after the denial date how many days can i stay in US legally to wind up the things.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

19

Answered . I would not remain in the US for over 10 days if your extension is denied.

2. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

2

Answered . The laws are quite strict in this regard. Immediately following the application denial you begin to accrue unlawful presence and must depart the U.S. In anticipation of that happening, you'd be well advised to discuss options with an immigration attorney.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . The laws are clear and unforgiving in that regard. Immediately upon the issuance of a denial decision you are deemed to be out of status and begin to accrue "unlawful presence" in the country and consequently must depart ASAP. A period of 10 days after your having received the denial notice is reasonable, but a few more days will not make your situation any worse than what it is going to be once a denial decision is issued.