Legal on H1b on L1b denial

Herndon, VA |

My L1 I-94 expired on MAR/01/12. Prior to expiry, my company filed an extension. Meanwhile another company filed my H1b based on my I-94 extension receipt. I got H1b approved with I-94 for 3 years effective from Oct'12.

If I get a denial on my L1b in October then can i use my H1b and stay/work in the country or do i need to leave the country?

You must leave as your H-1b will not be valid until Oct and you do not have permission to stay before that time

For more info

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at

I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Employment