Legal Limitations between a 14-year old and 30-year old spending time together? Is it statutory offense?

Brooklyn, NY |

Hello. I am a 30 year old artist. Recently met a great girl and after a few conversations, discovered that she is actually 14. She looks and acts mature, hence the surprise... Initially, we wanted to do a photo project together. And now I am concerned in light of this, even though we are friends. Can you please tell me would it be illegal for her to:

• visit my residence and hang out (since I combine living and working in a single space)
• go out
• photograph her (in Art, depiction of human form and/or nudity are common and much appreciated, as opposed to mainstream society) what is the limitation here?
• can we privately: flirt/show restrained affection for each other? Embrace or a light peck on: cheek, forehead?

What is the absolute Legal LIMIT in this situation?
Thank you very much!

1. Nudity would be a crime. Physical intimacy can lead to charges.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

2. This has crime written all over it.

Do not use your age and position of power over an innocent teen.

3. Stay away froma 14 year old! You are more than twice her age!! Nudity can lead to charges of endangering the welfare ofa child.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. Assuming that your intentions are honorable and decent, as I am sure they are, this is still a very dangerous situation for you and you should run from it like the plague.

First, the danger of temptation here is too great and a step over the line would involve you in serious illegality.

Second, the situation exposes you to a very serious danger of false accusations, which are likely to be believed by the authorities under the circumstances that you describe.

This has prison written all over it. Run in the other direction and don't look back.

Juvenile law topics