Legal inmigration and marriage

Asked about 1 year ago - Miami, FL

Good afternoon,
my father just give me the U.S. citizenship, we have the idea with my boyfriend, to marry the coming year 2014, and early 2015 go to America and ask for his papers, i dont know if it is the green card or the citizen. Do you think there will be any problems?
we have no children, no problems with the law and less immigration, I have granted a tourist visa 3 times and he has an European passport, we went together two times to United States. There will be any problem? Do you recommend starting the papers of my boyfriend here where we live, or do it in the U.S. as we arrived?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . If you sponsor your husband abroad, there should be no problems, but if he enters the US on a tourist visa and you sponsor him in the US, there could be problems.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

5

Answered . A U.S. citizen can petition a spouse or fiancee for immigration benefits. It's good that you are looking into this now, as the timing can sometimes be tricky. Click on the article below for further information.

3. Edward Brandon Beckham

4

Answered . Talk with a local immigration attorney. The answers in this forum can only provide you general information; none can really address the specifics of your case. You should consult with an experienced attorney, licensed in your jurisdiction, about the specific facts and details of the case. A skilled attorney in your jurisdiction will know which questions to ask you about your situation in order to assist you with making an appropriate determination regarding your situation. Once you've met with a local lawyer about your case the case you should be better able to make an informed decision regarding your issue. Many lawyers, in a majority of jurisdictions, provide free initial consultations; see if there are any in your area.