Legal fines

Asked over 5 years ago - Silverdale, WA

I have unpaid legal fines in collections from my past. I have been put of trouble since 2001. The sum of these fines is huge! Is there anything I can do to either get the cost reduced or at least get it out of collections and back in the court? At the current rate I will have to pay until the year 2079 and never have a chance at a normal life like owning a home or new car...

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Mark S Britton


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can work with these creditors to reduce the amount owed.

    You could also declare bankruptcy; however, you would want to work with a top-notch bankruptcy attorney to ensure that these liabilities are properly discharged in the bankruptcy. There are some exceptions to what court settlements can be discharged.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,472 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,472 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering