Skip to main content

Legal fees for new waiver I 601 A. Looking for a experienced lawyer.

Boston, MA |

My wife entered this country without inspection. I know the new waiver will be in effect March 4th. We have a daughter who is 16 months old. I've sent the I-130 with all the documentations necessary with it. We are looking for a lawyer around Boston who can help us from now on. I would like to know how much would a lawyer charge to help me fill the I 601 A form.

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Every lawyer sets their own fees.

    The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. Filing fees will be $670. Attorney fees vary from lawyer to lawyer and based on the complexity of the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. I agree with my colleagues. Good luck to you.

    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

  4. Lawyers don't discuss fees online so you'll have to do your own research to find the best person to handle your case. Keep in mind that as immigration lawyers many of us customarily represent clients all over the country.

    When you look for an attorney, I suggest that you ask whether waivers constitute a large part of their practice, what kind of experience they have in waivers, what kind of contact you can expect with the attoney (will your case be handled primarily by a paralegal, assistant, or an attorney), etc.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

  5. You will need to privately consult about fees as lawyers here do not quote fees. However be careful selecting an attorney as there is no appeal for a waiver and it must be complete and precise.

    This is not legal advice until I am retained and have reviewed all facts about your situation.

  6. You would need to contact specific attorneys and enquire since none will post fees online

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  7. It depends on the lawyer and their experience and expertise. There are a great deal of wonderful lawyers here on I would suggest you look into their profile and find one that you're comfortable with. Good luck with everything.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics