Legal ethics and violation question

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

If my dentist logged into my dental account - creating a patient account pretending to be me - as a patient - to retrieve my information and EOBs - without my knowledge and permission, what codes have they violated? My dental insurance company discovered this - when I couldn't log in - since the dentist put in wrong info to log on and create an account to see my info before I could.

What legal actions can or should I take?

1. Robert Jeffrey Long

Pro

Answered . It sounds like you've already done as much as you're likely to be able to do by alerting your insurance company. they're on the lookout for all forms of fraud these days, and this sounds like it may be some sort of fraudulent activity. One things for sure. Find a new dentist you can trust. Good luck.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . Your insurance company has protected you. Hopefully your dentist is now locked out of your account. Find a new dentist and consider reporting this conduct to the dentist's licensing board. I am not sure who that would be, but you can probably go online and locate this information. Best wishes to you.