Leaving US after H1 COS Approved

San Jose, CA |

currently i am on L2 EAD . I am filing premuim H1B COS this year . Suppose my COS gets approved in May and i get a extended I - 94 . If i have to travel in month of July for 2 weeks , should i surrender new 1 - 94 or both . When i enter US after 2 weeks on L2 the new i - 94 will have expiry date of L2 . would COS still be in effect and can i work for H1 employee from oct 1 without stamping or leaving US ?

1. The attorney filing your COS should be able to answer these questions for you.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.