Leaving the States as a visitor on a B2 and re-entering soon on a F1

Asked about 2 years ago - Edmonds, WA

I entered the States on a B1/B2 and No AOS / No EOS was stamped on my I-94. I am allowed to stay in the country only until Aug 22. I also got my F1 to start school in Sep 12 but due the circumstances I would have to leave the country and reenter it on my F1. I am from South America. Is it ok if I just go to Mexico for 1 day and reenter the States? Should I stay longer out of the States? Should I go back to my country instead of another foreign country? Why if I go to Mexico on the 21 of Aug and come back to the States on my F1 on the 22 of August? Would I have any problem trying to reenter to the States?

1. Haytham Faraj

Pro

1

Answered . You should reenter from the country where the visa was issued to minimize problems. You can however reenter from any country. You should not have a problem reentering but no one can guess what CBP officers will do at your port of entry.

This is not legal advice. This is merely a recommendation on how to get what you need from the Court.
  2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . That may be possible.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Do you have an actual F-1 in your passport? If so, a quick trip to Mexico is fine.