Skip to main content

Leaving the scene of an accident,no one was heart,but it involved an x-girl friend.we both left the scene.she was contacted.

Bend, OR |

now she is claiming that i was trying to kill her.the police are wanting to talk to me but i'm a little scared about turning my self in with out leagle council?

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Retain a local criminal lawyer to represent you. Don't make any statements without your lawyer present. You can use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool to locate a criminal lawyer in your city. Good luck.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  2. Hire legal counsel. Your insurance company should provide you with one for free.

  3. This is a very vague description of events, so it's hard to be specific. But if you've been accused of a crime, you should consult in private with a criminal defense lawyer, immediately. You can call the Oregon State Bar for a referral at 503-684-3763.

    Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

  4. Contact an attorney as soon as possible and be honest.

  5. You need to consult a private criminal lawyer before you discuss this incident with anybody. Be honest with that lawyer so he/she can give you the best legal advice possible. Also keep any evidence that you think you may need to help your position of what happened and right things down while your memory is still fresh. Good Luck.

  6. Contact an attorney immediately and don't make statements to anyone about what happened. If your ex calls you, don't take the call. There are times that the police will do what I term "canned" telephone call. Sometimes the have 'victim' call you up and try to get you to make admissions to what you supposedly happened and 'apologize' thereby basically admitting you did something wrong. If you need a referral for a good defense attorney, give me a call and I'll locate someone for you.

    I am licensed to practice law in Oregon only. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact my office to schedule a consultation to discuss the facts of your case. Any comments made through Avvo are based on the very limited information provided and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney/client relationship.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics