Lease terminated after three day notice expires.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Clearwater, FL

Can I consider the lease terminated and ask for possession once the three day notice expires? My tenant paid money into the bank account on the fifth day, which was Friday afternoon. I just found out today and want to return the money and file the lawsuit for possession.

1. Ryan Sanford Grazi

4

Answered . Generally, if a payment is accepted after notice of default that specific default is waived. You may want to consult an attorney to determine if you have the right to return the money because you didn't accept it they just deposited it into your account.

2. Michael Ryan Juarez

3

Answered . I agree. Consult with an attorney who can guide you through FL's LL/T laws; conduct an eviction for you; and obtain possession for you.