Lease payments after the term has ended

Buffalo, NY |

In 2000 I bought an ecommerce website and also had to take over payments on a shopping cart.They would auto deduct the payments from my bank account The lease expired in 2004 and they sent me a letter saying they would continue charging at the same monthly rate I ignored it I know my mistake 2009 I installed a new shopping cart I sent them a letter in December asking that they stop deducting payments They responded by saying that have filled my obligations and would stop charging me Do I have any recourse

1. Recourse for what?

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. I don't understand what you are asking.

You appear to state that you asked them to stop charging you and they responded that they would.

What is the problem?

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

3. You need to reword this question. It seems as though you are suggesting that they did what you asked for, so what is the issue?

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.

Small business topics