Lawyers fee after withdrawal from a agreement

Seattle, WA |
Filed under: Lien

My friend was recorded naked on skype webcam with a guy who resident in US. She got mentally suffered and still on medication, she suggested him to paying her medical expense and the lawyers fee with a laywers help without involving the police. But his lawyer later sent her proposed settlement. But she does not want to agree with it, becuase she didn't like the conditions/contract in the agreement. Also she want to withdrawal from it. Is it okay to do this step? or since she suggested it, will she be sued and have to pay his laywers expense to his lawyer?

Your question is extremely confusing and I'm not sure I understand everything that's going on.

Are there two lawyers here or just one? If there's just one lawyer, who is the lawyer representing? And if there are two lawyers involved, why aren't the lawyers negotiating to figure this out?

Is your friend trying to get out of a fee agreement with an attorney she hired, or out of a proposed settlement agreement with the other party?

I suggest rethinking your question and then posting it again because it is very difficult to understand as is.

This is an incomplete answer written in response to the limited facts provided. It is intended as a courtesy to better inform the reader about his or her possible rights and potential courses of action; it is not intended as formally researched legal advice or as an agreement to enter into an attorney-client relationship.

Its just 1 lawyer that is nagotiating between those too ( the Victim(she) and the offender). The offender and the lawyer is trying to settle this with a proposed settlement. But the Victim does not agree with it because of certain conditions. The question is, if she has to pay for the laywers expense(of HIS lawyer), if she disagrees with the proposed settlement.

Lan T. Diep

Lan T. Diep

I still feel like I am not completely understanding your situation. But generally, your friend the victim does not have to enter into any settlement she does not agree with. And if the offender went out and hired his own lawyer, I do not see why your friend would have to pay to hire a lawyer for the other side. It can be intimidating to negotiate with an attorney directly when you don't have one yourself. I would suggest your friend get her own attorney to deal with the other attorney on her behalf. If she hasn't accepted any settlement, she should still have all of her rights available to her, including suing in a civil suit or going to the police and pressing charges. There are time limits for lawsuits though, your friend needs to really think about what she wants before she runs out of time.

Ok she want me to repost it again. here the new link: http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/lawyers-fee-after-withdrawal-from-a-agreement-1363427.html?published=true

I was recorded nude by a man who is a resident of Seattle, whom I met online. It happened on August 16, 2012. I asked him to delete it and then he tried to blackmail me on August 31. I contacted the university that he told me he was a student of and found out he was not a student there at all. He had made a fake persona. I found this out in June of 2013. I have been suffering very much because of him. And have been thinking of reporting him to the police, but I suggested instead that he pay my medical expenses, plus lawyers fee upon entering the agreement instead. But his lawyer sent me a settlement agreement proposel that I cannot accept. I haven't found a lawyer yet. I am not a native English speaker and it is hard to find an international lawyer where I live. I'd like to withdraw my suggestion to him (of the settlement agreement), but I am afraid that his lawyer would threaten to take me to court if I do not sign their agreement. Also might make me pay his lawyer's fee because I requested the agreement.

Lan T. Diep

Lan T. Diep

I will answer you on the other post.