Lawyers ethics?

did you know the A.B.A. has ruled that belonging to media sites such as avvo is considered un-ethical behavior? What are you all doing here besides soliciting?

Massapequa Park, NY -

Find Out More

Maurice N Ross

Maurice N Ross

Intellectual Property Law Attorney - New York, NY

Not so. You have misunderstood the ethics rules.

Joseph Gerard Dell

Joseph Gerard Dell

Personal Injury Lawyer - Garden City, NY

There is no ethical or disciplinary rule that prevents any of us from helping out our fellow citizens with some good, free legal advice. I haven't seen one lawyer who is answering questions like I am try to solicit a case. Some of us actually love what we do, are proud of what we do, and want to help out.

I can tell you that for me, I find the questions and the process of answering them sort of like a continuing legal education. I hope that my answers assist the person on the receiving end make a decision with regard to a potential case. I can see that if someone was to read these questions and answers and was a potential defendant or in a high risk industry that makes them potential defendants that this forum may be upsetting.

Jack Richard Lebowitz

Jack Richard Lebowitz

Litigation Lawyer - Glens Falls, NY

Citation please. What are you doing here besides trolling?

John J. Carney

John J. Carney

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

I would like to see that "ruling". The lawyers here are giving free advice to people who have legal problems. You are quite mistaken and I would ask you to offer any ruling to say that being on Avvo is "unethical" as none exists to my knowledge.