Lawyers ethics?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Massapequa Park, NY

did you know the A.B.A. has ruled that belonging to media sites such as avvo is considered un-ethical behavior? What are you all doing here besides soliciting?

1. 5

Answered . Not so. You have misunderstood the ethics rules.

2. 4

Answered . There is no ethical or disciplinary rule that prevents any of us from helping out our fellow citizens with some good, free legal advice. I haven't seen one lawyer who is answering questions like I am try to solicit a case. Some of us actually love what we do, are proud of what we do, and want to help out.

I can tell you that for me, I find the questions and the process of answering them sort of like a continuing legal education. I hope that my answers assist the person on the receiving end make a decision with regard to a potential case. I can see that if someone was to read these questions and answers and was a potential defendant or in a high risk industry that makes them potential defendants that this forum may be upsetting.

3. 3

1

Answered . Citation please. What are you doing here besides trolling?

4. 2

1

Answered . I would like to see that "ruling". The lawyers here are giving free advice to people who have legal problems. You are quite mistaken and I would ask you to offer any ruling to say that being on Avvo is "unethical" as none exists to my knowledge.