Lawyer won't return my phone calls what do I do?

San Bernardino, CA |
Filed under: Litigation

I go to court in the morning and have been trying to reach Lawyer for the last week. What do I do?Can I ask for someone else in the firm to take the case or ask for a senior firm member????

1. Yes, you hired the firm, not the individual lawyer, and can ask for someone else, but the particular lawyer may be planning to meet you in court in the morning to discuss whatever needs to be discussed.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You may also send the lawyer a letter. If that doesn't work, send another letter. If that doesn't work, send another letter with a copy to the managing partner. If that doesn't work, send another letter certified mail. In each successive letter, tell the lawyer that you have been trying to get in touch with the lawyer X number of times, and that you want a response.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

Litigation topics