Lawyer threatened me

Canton, MI |

I posted a negative review of an attorney I used. I did not make anything up and in no way told any lies and just told an opinion of my experienxe. I am on disability due to injuries from my accident and in march of this year I was diagnosed as diabetic. The attorney I used and wrote the negative review about said if I don't retract my review he is going to tell social security i have been working, even though I have not. I feel he is being a bully to me.

A false report to SSA would be a crime. Threatening a false report is an ethics violation. As you were advised, you can report that to the state bar.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

2. If you have proof of the threat, send a copy of it to the state bar.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

3. Man its getting plain "crazy" out there!
    I know lawyers who were threatened
    by clients (including a death threat) AND
    clients who have been threatened and
    bullied by attorneys. As long as you
    were "truthful" you're alright. Threats
    made by an attorney are sanctionable
    by the state bar. Clients who "lie" can
    be sued for defamation. Be careful
    out there! Good luck.

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

Internet law topics