Skip to main content

Lawyer Recommendations?

Los Angeles, CA |

My name is Jorge, I was in a car accident. I was on my way home when I was struck by an LAPD patrol car who ran a red light. I have witnesses who will testify that the officer did not yield at the red light and hit me. They did not have their siren on and my light was green therefore I had the right of way. I am currently sueing LAPD for my injuries and repair for the car. If anyone is interested or could refer me to someone else I would greatly appreciate it. Also how much are your legal services? You can contact me @ [email address removed]

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Jorge: Having been a police officer for over 25 years (Not LAPD) I am very familiar with police practices. Feel free to contact my office for a free consultation. Just click to view my profile.

It is important that you make a claim against the City within 60-months of your accident.


Mr. DuFour, I think you mean within 6 months from the date of the accident, not 60 months.


I handle these types of cases all over the State of California. You may call me for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 x.1. FYI, you have 6 months from the date of the accident to file a claim against the LAPD!


Thank you to my colleagues for pointing out my typo. It is indeed 6-months,not 60-months to file a govt. entity claim.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer