Lawyer misrepresentation

Asked about 5 years ago - Oakland, CA

What happens if you hire a law firm and a case was settled, but upon the case being settled their was a stipulation that was suppose to institued in the law suit but was not. But you were assured that it would be. Then you find out later that the lawyer wrote that part of the settlement wrong. I am a student and my parents and I were assured of these actions.
However after speaking with the law office the owner is telling us to find another law firm to handle the situation or they will charge us for payment? This case was paid for by the government. It has left me with what was rightfully mine. What are my rights?

My child was suppose to receive a highly received document for future educational status instead due to the attorneys failure to detail the settlement regarding the document , my child is now forced to accept lesser status. And we did contact the attorney, however we were promptly told that they do not have to talk to us because the case had been settled. Needless to say they duped us and our child out of what he was entitled to.

1. Robin Mashal

1

1

Answered . Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

I am not clear on your description. What stipulation was supposed to be entered, and who would be parties to this stipulation? You should consult your own lawyer to protect your legal rights.

2. Jonathan H Levy

1

1

Answered . If there was a typographical error in the settlerment then it would be the law firm's responsibility to correct it. Other than that I cannot understand the situation, it is unclear to me.