Lawyer, making it difficult to dismiss him.

Sacramento, CA |

I have done everything I can to co-operate with my lawyer, and to dismiss him. Every time I send him an email, or go to his office, or drop off a sub of attorney, he makes it difficult to proceed with his dismissal, Even though he wants to be dismissed. I really don't want to talk with him, because he's very argumentative. Previously at appointments, I would be waiting in the office and I would hear him in confrontations with his clients. I don't want to face that commotion. I have a court case that is coming up very soon, and I will be representing myself, however, the mediation report will go to the lawyer if I don't dismiss him soon. How can I get him dismissed without his signature on the sub of attorney, and move on with my case.

1. It would be odd for an attorney to refuse to sign a substitution when requested by the client. Perhaps the best move is to employ another attorney as soon as you can and he/she will submit the substitution to the previous attorney and I would speculate it will be promptly signed and returned. In any regard, the new attorney will be able to deal with the issue at the next hearing.
    **************************************************************************************
    Disclaimer: California attorney Robert Miller has practiced for over 45 years and restricts his practice to real estate and probate matters in the Central District of Los Angeles. Any opinion expressed is for general informational purposes only, no attorney-client relationship is intended or created by this answer, and no action or inaction should be contemplated without first employing and consulting with a competent attorney convenient to the questioner.

2. In this point you need to send him a certified letter return receipt requested and attach an MC 050 form. Ask him to sign and return .. If he does not then you really need a lawyer to assist you with the issue ASAP

Disclaimer:Attorney and Fraud Examiner.One of few that are Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE). The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+. *the certification is not a specialty recognized by the California State Bar.