Lawsuit for car accident, recieved thsi letter what does it mean

in the letter it says,

california law proved you with a two year statue of limitation for your bodily injury claim. this means in order to protect your interests in this matter, you must settle your bodily injury claim or file a lawsuit within two years from the date of injury

The letter is probably from the insurance company for the at fault party. It is just as the letter says. You must either settle the claim or file a lawsuit within two years or you lose all of your rights to present a claim..

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as”AVVO.com are not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

thank you, when it says protect your interests in the letter. does that mean jail time? or money

Steven Ronald Kuhn

Steven Ronald Kuhn

It means money. This is. A civil matter, not criminal..

thank you very much

They are informing you of the time that you have to file a lawsuit. However, the best thing to do is hire a lawyer. We will typically walk you through the whole process with minimal stress.

Direct Line to Attorney: 877-427-2752 or Email: Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com; Website: www.KingofPi.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

in the letter it says interest. is this money damages or does this lead to jail time

Michael Shemtoub

Michael Shemtoub

I don't understand the question, but all of us are happy for you to fax us the letter so that we can read it for you and give you a free consultation.

The letter is informing you of the statute of limitations in CA for personal injury claims. You need to file a lawsuit for your injuries or settle with the insurance within two years of suffering the injuries.

Consult with a personal injury attorney.

SP@BeverlyHillsLawPartners.com
323-703-3581

It is straight-forward---unless you settle your claim or file a lawsuit before two years---your claim will be forever barred.
You need to consult with a lawyer on this. Most people cannot litigate a case on their own and often mis-file the important papers before the Statute of Limitations runs!
Best of luck!

If you were in fact injured as a result of the auto collision and have incurred medical and other expenses to treat for your injuries you should consult with a personal injury attorney without delay.

This information is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only.

thank you, the letter says interests. what is the interests they are talking about?

Mariam Mary Margaryan

Mariam Mary Margaryan

I cannot tell you what it means without having the benefit of looking at the letter to see in what context the term is used. You can use the Avvo Find a Lawyer option to find a personal injury lawyer to talk to. Most offer a free consultation.

Ins co reqd to advised unrepresented claimants with a warning about the statute of limitations. See a lawyer for review of your case.

The letter refers to the California statute of limitations on Car Accident personal injury lawsuits. As the letter explains, you have 2 years to either settle the matter or file a lawsuit. Often people who try to represent themselves end up digging themselves into a deeper hole after dealing with compounding medical bills and misfiled papers. I have represented over 2,000 clients over 20 years of practicing auto accident personal injury law and I cannot begin to explain the difference in results when people hire an experienced attorney from the start. I wish you the best of luck.

As others have said, it is informing you of your rights. But, as with all insurance communications, it is a scare tactic.

It is axiomatic. Retain a local personal injury lawyer