Lawsuit against Los Angeles County DCFS

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I need to find a pro bono attorney to start a lawsuit against LA County DCFS for wrongful detention of a minor, violations of minor's civil/disability rights.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Neil Pedersen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . There are also some entities that provide pro bono assistance to people that you should find. For instance, in Orange County there is a Public Law Center that works with people who have legal needs but do not have the money to pay a competent lawyer. I encourage you to find one of these facilities.

    Also, it might be that you do not need a pro bono attorney, but instead an attorney who will handle the matter on a contingency basis, meaning you pay nothing until there is a recovery. If the violation of civil rights is significant, there may be damages to be awarded, and an attorney fee could come from that recovery. Look for a civil rights attorney in the Los Angeles area.

    I wish you the best of luck.

    This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed... more
  2. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Try contacting the Los Angeles County Bar Association, which may have a list of attorneys or organizations, such as legal aid, which provide pro bono services.

    They say you get what you pay for, and this response is free, so take it for what it is worth. This is my opinion... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,769 answers this week

2,355 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,769 answers this week

2,355 attorneys answering