Lawsuit against Los Angeles County DCFS

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I need to find a pro bono attorney to start a lawsuit against LA County DCFS for wrongful detention of a minor, violations of minor's civil/disability rights.

1. Neil Pedersen

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . There are also some entities that provide pro bono assistance to people that you should find. For instance, in Orange County there is a Public Law Center that works with people who have legal needs but do not have the money to pay a competent lawyer. I encourage you to find one of these facilities.

Also, it might be that you do not need a pro bono attorney, but instead an attorney who will handle the matter on a contingency basis, meaning you pay nothing until there is a recovery. If the violation of civil rights is significant, there may be damages to be awarded, and an attorney fee could come from that recovery. Look for a civil rights attorney in the Los Angeles area.

I wish you the best of luck.

2. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

Answered . Try contacting the Los Angeles County Bar Association, which may have a list of attorneys or organizations, such as legal aid, which provide pro bono services.