Lawsuit against Los Angeles County DCFS

I need to find a pro bono attorney to start a lawsuit against LA County DCFS for wrongful detention of a minor, violations of minor's civil/disability rights.

There are also some entities that provide pro bono assistance to people that you should find. For instance, in Orange County there is a Public Law Center that works with people who have legal needs but do not have the money to pay a competent lawyer. I encourage you to find one of these facilities.

Also, it might be that you do not need a pro bono attorney, but instead an attorney who will handle the matter on a contingency basis, meaning you pay nothing until there is a recovery. If the violation of civil rights is significant, there may be damages to be awarded, and an attorney fee could come from that recovery. Look for a civil rights attorney in the Los Angeles area.

I wish you the best of luck.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

2. Try contacting the Los Angeles County Bar Association, which may have a list of attorneys or organizations, such as legal aid, which provide pro bono services.

They say you get what you pay for, and this response is free, so take it for what it is worth. This is my opinion based on very limited information. My opinion should not be taken as legal advice. For true advice, we would require a confidential consultation where I would ask you questions and get your complete story. This is a public forum, so remember, nothing here is confidential. Nor am I your attorney. I do not know who you are and you have not hired me to provide any legal service. To do so would require us to meet and sign written retainer agreement. My responses are intended for general information only.