Laws for Esthetically practicing without a license

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Business

If i do a license look up on an esthetically in the idler . com website and nothing to that name shows up . ( even when selecting cosmetologist ) . Does that mean they're practicing without a license ? can they get in trouble ? - If someone in their boo says they've been practicing for 2 - 10 years with a certain company / doctor ( as an esthetically ) and no license comes up ? - Say a person practicing as an esthetically ( doing chem peels / lasers ) in a chiropractic office hasn't renewed their license since 2007 , is this OK ? are they practicing under the doc's license ? - I was told once an esthetically applies for the state board they can practice for 6 months without a license , is this true ? What happens to someone when they practice without a license ?

I meant to say IDFPR.com website..... https://www.idfpr.com/LicenseLookUp/LicenseLookup.asp

1. What on earth are you talking about?

2. I don't understand what 'esthetically' means--its not a word.

As a general rule, practicing without a license, in a field or jurisdiction requiring a license can get someone sued for damages by a person damaged in some way, or prosecuted by the authorities for disgorgement of profits etc. if fraud is suspected.

Finally, not all websites contain all information they purport to contain. Its possible the website you went to is simply inaccurate.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

3. sober up & re-submit the question

The author provides the preceding information as a service to the public. Author's response, as stated above, should not be considered legal advice. An initial attorney-client conference, based upon review of all relevant facts/documents, will be necessary to provide legal advice upon which the client should then rely.

Business topics