Law firm lost receipt number for my L1A petition, not getting updates from law firm and can not check status online@USCIS.

Asked 9 months ago - Avenel, NJ

I am in US on L1B and my visa & I-94 expired in August 2013. Law firm (hired by my company) filed a new L1A petition before the expiry of L1B visa, but they lost the receipt number (along with my complete petition file) and it was never conveyed to me. I am not getting any updates from law firm or from my company's legal cell and I can not check my status online at USCIS. My US stay is already 150 days above I-94 expiry. What options do I have? Thanks very much.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . I am not sure we here on AVVO can update you on your case.

2. Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Pro

3

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about the situation. You really should be discussing this issue with your employers immigration attorney.

3. Ekaterina L Powell

4

Answered . This is truly unfortunate. You can also ask your company to check their bank records. Once USCIS deposits the checks for H-1B processing, they put the case number on the back of the check.