Law firm lost receipt number for my L1A petition, not getting updates from law firm and can not check status online@USCIS.

Avenel, NJ |

I am in US on L1B and my visa & I-94 expired in August 2013. Law firm (hired by my company) filed a new L1A petition before the expiry of L1B visa, but they lost the receipt number (along with my complete petition file) and it was never conveyed to me. I am not getting any updates from law firm or from my company's legal cell and I can not check my status online at USCIS. My US stay is already 150 days above I-94 expiry. What options do I have? Thanks very much.

I'm sorry to hear about the situation. You really should be discussing this issue with your employers immigration attorney.

This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thanks Steve !!

I am not sure we here on AVVO can update you on your case.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

This is truly unfortunate. You can also ask your company to check their bank records. Once USCIS deposits the checks for H-1B processing, they put the case number on the back of the check.

Recommended articles about Immigration