Late Fees and Misc Fees from Creditors while in bankruptcy

Dallas, TX |

My HOA has continued to add late fees while I'm in bankruptcy. It went from $846 to estimate of $5000 within 2 years.

1. What, exactly, is your question? Whether they can continue to add fees to your overdue HOA payments? Yes, they can, unless you are in a Chap. 13, in which case the HOA would be paid off through the payment plan. Is that the case here? The HOA is a creditor that would have to be paid in full at the end of the plan, so the plan should have taken its bills into account.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155. Our web address is: www. corbin-law-office.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.