Last year I've into a car accident. the other party rear ended me. She was at fault, but she did not have car insurance...

Asked over 1 year ago - Long Beach, CA

I've tried to talk to her to pay me but she refused saying she does not have money. I took her to court and she did not show up and I won the case. Now, how can get money from her? what to do?
please help.

Pro

17

Answered . If you were injured and have Uninsured Motorist coverage, a local lawyer would go after that money.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. David J. McCormick

14

Answered . If you were granted a judgment then check with the court on the procedures for docketing the judgment. Once docketed the judgment will show up if she ever wants a loan.

3. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

12

Answered . You need an experienced Southern California personal injury attorney to help you with this matter. You can proceed with an Uninsured Motorist claim and collect damages from your own insurance company as long as the statute of limitations has not expired. We are experts at handling Uninsured Motorist claims and have been in practice for more than 20 years assisting our clients with recoveries totaling more than $65,000,000, including hundreds of uninsured motorist claims. I hope that answers your question. Good luck to you.

Scott J. Corwin
    www.sjclaw.com

4. Frank Marvin Nunes

12

Answered . If you decide to handle the collection efforts on your own then I suggest consulting a book called Collect Your Court Judgment by Nolo Press. I have placed a link to it below. You can check this book out at your local public library.

You also may want to obtain a certified copy of the judgment and get the clerk to certify a DMV form showing the judgment remains unpaid so the DMV will put a hold on the other driver's license until the judgment is paid.
    Remember to obtain an abstract of judgment from the court and renew it before each 10th year anniversary until it is paid. If the other person owns real estate or may possibly own real estate in the future, take a certified copy of the abstract to the County recorder’s office for recording.

5. David M Blain

4

Answered . Read this form, it may help you get started in attempting to collect judgment:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/sc200info.pdf

If the woman doesn't pay you can have a document served on her the requires her to state her assets. If she doesn't fill out the form then you can file a different form with the court requiring her to show up in Court to provide a statement of her assets.

Once the debtors income and assets are determined, you can take certain property or lien certain property to recoup your payment.

I would advise you to hire a local attorney.