Last year, a friend of mine was being abused by his employer i.e. illegal wage garnishments, unpaid work-related hospital bill.

Minneapolis, MN |

After futile attempts to gain govt. intervention, I posted the situation online in various forums. Subsequently, my friend was fired, denied unemployment and both of us were sued for defamation claiming damages exceeding $50,000 + fees. My friend hired an employment atty. and I went pro se. I spent more than 1600 hours learning the law and legal writing.

Ultimately, the documentation and evidence I submitted in discovery turned this case upside down. Today, plaintiffs offered my friend $25,000 to settle this matter. I did not file a counter-suit at the advice of my son (he's not an attorney.) I am offered a mutual release of claims as a settlement. I did all the work. I won this case. Do I have any options? And to the critics on this site: Yes, we're still friends!

1. I am not sure what options you are seeking. However, your release would control what legal options remain, and, in most cases, the release is very broad leaving no legal options.

CALL 612-240-8005 for a Consultation. Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Visit online at http://www.minnesotaLawyers.com