Skip to main content

Landlord wants tenant to move

Las Vegas, NV |

Landlord wants to move back into the house he rented to me. I rented from him for three years. There is not rental agreement. Does the landlord have a right to ask the tenant to move? I am continuing to pay rent as agreed. I told the landlord I cannot move until I find another suitable place.What are my rights?
His only complaint is the rent is always late but I am not behind at all! He is displaced because he sold his house and wants me to move so he can move back in.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Generally speaking, a lease for more than a year needs to be in writing to be enforceable.

    You need to sit down for paid legal advice.

    (And when you "can" move is irrelevant to the legal issues).

Landlord-tenant law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics